So, you want to be a pilot and start your training with Leading Edge Aviation, but you are waiting until you receive your A-level results, well we are asking why?!
Here at Leading Edge Aviation, we are the first to encourage gaining your A-Levels or equivalent qualification, however we want to clarify that they aren’t a requirement for our course! This means that you can begin the application process while waiting for results and start your training with us as soon as you finish your academic year!
What is necessary to start your training with us?
LEAP Course requirements:
- You must be 18 years or older at the time you start at the Academy
- Relevant Class 1 Medical
- 5 GCSEs (grade 4 +) or equivalent to include Maths, English Language & a Science
- Completion of our skills assessment
If you have completed your GCSE’s and are 17 or older there should be nothing holding you back to book on to our Skills Assessment Days! We often hear concerns regarding preparation for Skills Assessment Days, and we want to clarify that there is nothing to worry about! The aim of our Skills Assessment Day is for us to ensure you have what it takes to become a pilot, this will involve the following:
- Psychometric Computer-based tests – this will assess your technical skills such as spatial awareness, reaction speed, multi-tasking capability and numeracy.
- A group exercise – this will assess your non-technical skills such as communication, flexibility, leadership, teamwork, resilience and decision making.
- Interview – this will assess your knowledge of the industry and your passion for becoming a pilot and will be based around competency based questions.
When you sign up to one of our skills assessment days we will provide you with information on what we recommend doing to prepare yourself for the day!
Our skills assessments are valid for a year once completed, and for a limited time only, instead of the usual £295 they are FREE!
You think you need a break after A-Levels?
We aren’t going to hide it; our LEAP course is intensive. Starting with ground school, you will study 13 different ATPL theory subjects and must pass exams in all of these to progress onto flying. Ground school takes around 6 months and will require you to be studying for most of this time. However, starting your Ground school shortly after A-Levels you will find yourself at an advantage when it comes to time management, concentration, and content retention. Having recent exposure to intensive studying means Ground School for most of our students is difficult but manageable as they are able to settle back into a rigorous revision schedule. Besides, after ground school, you will move onto the flying phase and this is where the fun really starts! The earlier you start with us on the course, the earlier you can complete ground school and get flying!
So what’s stopping you! Start your journey today with Leading Edge Aviation by signing up to one of our FREE Skills Assessment Days, or in the meantime visit us at an Open Day.
For more information on training at Leading Edge Aviation and the next suitable steps on your Flight Training journey contact one of our Training advisors!